I have been thinking a lot lately about how blessed I am and how much I take for granted. Even just the ability to drive to Chick-fil-A, eat a yummy breakfast, and let the girls play in an empty play area while I read or type up a blog using the free wireless they have here is a blessing.
Some things I take for granted:
Some things I take for granted:
- A husband who loves me despite my many faults. Who so willingly helps around the house (including laundry and cleaning the bathrooms and dirty dishes). Who insists that Brooke's cradle is on his side of the bed so when she wakes up hungry he can change her diaper while I lay there for an extra couple of minutes or puts her paci back in if she starts fussing. I could go on and on with this one.
- Three wonderful pregnancies and three beautiful children. As Marc likes to put it, we played and won the lottery three times.
- A healthy family.
- My mom and in-laws who are always so willing to help and keep the girls when needed.
- My husband's job that allows me to stay home with my girls, allows us to live comfortably, and is quite secure in this economy.
- Friendships that last even when I don't take the time to cultivate them as I should.
- A Sunday School class that is genuine, encouraging, and challenges me.
- The opportunity to teach children for a few hours every week and to be able to pray with and for them.
- And most importantly, a Savior who loves me and forgives me and desires a relationship with me even when I don't make it the priority it needs to be.

No comments:
Post a Comment