Thursday, January 21, 2010

Frustrations

We potty trained Macy in November. It was too easy, and I should have known it was too good to be true. She has totally regressed. Well, not totally, but significantly. She used to tell us when she had to go 9 out of 10 times. She rarely had accidents and she would never poop in her panties. I've heard that bringing a new baby into the house can cause this, but honestly, it started over the Christmas holidays. It's mostly our fault. I won't deny that. With all of the going back and forth to grandparents houses, shopping, and all of the other fun stuff, we put her in pull-ups. A lot. Now we are starting over. Maybe not from square one, but maybe square two. So we are back to panties all day, setting a timer, doing a silly song and dance when she stays dry and goes on the potty, and passing out the candy. The first time around it only took a few days, but this time it is taking longer. Perseverance. That's what it will take to get through this. I'm sure it would be easier to deal with on a full night's sleep, but it is what it is, and I am thankful for the 4 1/2 stretch that I was able to get last night. It's the small things in life...

No comments:

Post a Comment