Sunday, April 12, 2009

Finally, the New Room

The night before Kayla's birthday Marc took apart her bed to move it to the new room. We put her mattress on the floor of our room. Macy thought it was the best thing and kept crawling in and saying "nite-nite." Surprisingly Kayla slept the entire night on the floor and didn't come crawling into our bed in the middle of the night.



The reveal - we covered the outside of the door in wrapping paper for her birthday. It took a few seconds to get a reaction, but they both really liked it. They went around exploring to see what was in all of the boxes then they crawled onto their beds and danced around. There was a lot of running around in the room. It's so nice that there is space to play now.

I managed to make the curtain, embroider their names on 2 sets of pillowcases, and cover the cushion for the toy box while Marc was out of town. The girls had no idea what I had spread out all over the kitchen table for 2 days.


This is the dress up corner. The toy box is full of all of the princess dresses that tend to get lost in the playroom and there is a mirror to twirl around in front of.

5 comments:

  1. Stephanie,

    Cutest room ever!!!! Can you come decorate for us? :) I bet the girls love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room looks great! When did you learn embroider all that stuff??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible, Stephanie!!!! Y'all are great at decorating. I am loving it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The room looks adorable! I'm inspired to re-decorate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww! what an inspiration for a family with two girls. I love it!

    ReplyDelete