Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Dentist #2

If anyone remembers this then you will understand the apprehension I am experiencing this morning. We are headed back to the dentist. I have chosen a different one, and have prepped her the best I know how. Obviously my efforts last time were not helpful. She seems excited because it is a different dentist. We've talked about what to expect and how if she clamps her jaw shut it will probably hurt again. I would not recommend the previous dentist because I felt it was so much like a factory - get them in and get them out. They didn't seem to care about the child. In hindsight I should have walked out as soon as they asked me to hold her down they way they did. I know that if she gains a fear of the dentist at a young age then it will take a long time to get over it. My prayer today is that she would feel comfortable and that the dentist will be gentle and kind. Right now she has placed all of her fear with the last dentist and seems to think that a new place will be a better experience. If today is as traumatizing as the last I'm not sure what we will do.

1 comment:

  1. How did it go?! They actually asked you to hold her down?!!! I think they would have had to hold ME down from attacking them if they'd told me that. Our dentist is great and the kids really like going. He lets them pick a movie to watch and they take them back without the parents so the kids actually don't have anyone "on their side" so to speak and are much more cooperative. Hope it went well.

    ReplyDelete