One night on the way to church Marc, Kayla, and I stopped for a quick dinner. Kayla said that she wanted both chicken and macaroni and cheese, so we bought a kids dinner that came with both as well as a drink and a biscuit. Once we sat down Kayla said she didn't want the biscuit and all she had asked for was the chicken and macaroni. We told her that the meal came with a biscuit, but that she didn't have to eat it if she didn't want to. She again told us that she didn't want the biscuit and next time we should just save our money and not order one.
Funny new sayings: Kayla will randomly say " Let's get this party started" and Macy now says "alright!" and "munch you." Munch you is her way of saying bless you and she started this all on her own. Yesterday she said "munch you mommy." That was her first 3-word sentence. The girl is growing up!
Funny new sayings: Kayla will randomly say " Let's get this party started" and Macy now says "alright!" and "munch you." Munch you is her way of saying bless you and she started this all on her own. Yesterday she said "munch you mommy." That was her first 3-word sentence. The girl is growing up!
Last week Kayla wanted to dig a hole, but I wouldn't let her do it in the middle of the yard. We did find a place behind a tree in a pine straw island. After several minutes of intense digging in our clay and rock filled back yard she wanted me to come and see what she had done. She had barely scraped the surface off, but she was so proud of it. I told her she was doing a good job and her response was, "yeah, I'm good at digging." A couple of times since then Marc or myself would make a comment about how well she was doing something (like coloring in the lines) and she would add, "and I'm good at digging too." She keeps us laughing, that's for sure!
One more quick story. While cleaning some things out of the bonus room I found a small wooden box. I asked Kayla if she wanted to paint it (Okay, duh! Why did I ask? The girl will paint anything at any given time.) So she picks out her colors and get started. She made her plan and worked on that box for a good half-hour and called me over to check it out. She then asked if she could give it to a friend. I told her that it was her box, but if she wanted to give it away she was more than welcome to. I thought surely anyone in the family would treasure this little box painted by a 3 year old. Well, she says, "I want to give it to my best friend Emily." How stinkin' sweet is that? She did all of this hard work and wanted to give it away to a friend. I was impressed for a child her age to come up with that on her own. So she diligently finished painting the outside, complete with a rainbow. The next day she got the inside all painted and we took it to Emily last night. Kayla couldn't wait until the end of Cubbies to give Emily the box, so as soon as she saw her she gave it to her. Little Emily's face just lit up. She was so thrilled about the box and when Kayla showed her how it opened she was even more excited. I am so glad that Kayla has such a sweet friend that she looks forward to seeing at church.
One more quick story. While cleaning some things out of the bonus room I found a small wooden box. I asked Kayla if she wanted to paint it (Okay, duh! Why did I ask? The girl will paint anything at any given time.) So she picks out her colors and get started. She made her plan and worked on that box for a good half-hour and called me over to check it out. She then asked if she could give it to a friend. I told her that it was her box, but if she wanted to give it away she was more than welcome to. I thought surely anyone in the family would treasure this little box painted by a 3 year old. Well, she says, "I want to give it to my best friend Emily." How stinkin' sweet is that? She did all of this hard work and wanted to give it away to a friend. I was impressed for a child her age to come up with that on her own. So she diligently finished painting the outside, complete with a rainbow. The next day she got the inside all painted and we took it to Emily last night. Kayla couldn't wait until the end of Cubbies to give Emily the box, so as soon as she saw her she gave it to her. Little Emily's face just lit up. She was so thrilled about the box and when Kayla showed her how it opened she was even more excited. I am so glad that Kayla has such a sweet friend that she looks forward to seeing at church.

No comments:
Post a Comment