Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Kayla's Birthday

We had a lot of family in town for Jackie's wedding, so we all met up for lunch to celebrate Kayla's birthday. We had a great lunch at La Parilla and Kayla loved wearing the sombrero.
They brought out this fake cake with a sparkler on the top. Unfortunately, before anyone could do anything, she grabbed the sparkler as soon as it was out. If it were a candle she wouldn't have touched it, but she didn't know better. Her hands hurt so much and blistered pretty much immediately. Thankfully I had my nurse sister to let me know that it wasn't too bad. To a mama it was really bad. I took my personal nurse to the drug store to buy some burn medication. It still looks bad, but I guess it could have been worse.

We went back to my mom's house for cake and some presents. Marc asked Kayla if having some of her cake would make her feel better. She thought for a second and said "no, opening presents would make me feel better." HA! After opening a couple of presents she looked at Marc and said, "I feel better."

I made the mistake of mentioning that she could blow out a candle on her cake. She LOVES to blow out candles, but given what happened at the restaurant she started crying again. Her party is actually this weekend, so we'll see if she wants a candle on that cake or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment