Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Reemerging from Isolation

The governor of Georgia took some bold steps to reopen the state before any other states made the decision.  We are paving the way for what reopening looks like, but not without a lot of arguments on both sides.  National leaders and the media are roasting Georgia and Governor Kemp over the open fire, but I'm thrilled to see some of the restrictions being lifted. 

We are continuing our weekly lunches at the park.  We headed into Roswell this week.

Although things are opening back up, it is a slow process and we are still spending our time mostly at home. 


We ventured out one day to see the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds do a flyover.

Another "fun" project I've been working on is making sourdough.  I made my starter from scratch, and I've been playing around with recipes and techniques.  Who knew it could be so complicated to make a loaf of bread out of water, flour, and salt.

When Brooke's hair gets too long the tangles get hard to deal with.  She had finally had enough and asked to have her hair cut.  I think she was pretty shocked when I agreed and immediately got the scissors out. 

We have found several turtles in our yard this spring.  The girls name them and write its name on the shell.  That way they'll know if the same turtle comes back to visit. 

 The pool is so tempting, but still so cold!

Of all the girls this is the one that has been more stir crazy to get out of the house.  She's always been the one that hated running errands.  She'd rather stay home.  These days she jumps at the chance to get out.  

Riley making friends... or enemies... with a dog that was wandering around our property. 

Things are slowly getting back to normal around here, but we are still staying close to home. This has definitely been a season to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment