Tuesday, February 12, 2019

A Little Getaway

Marc and I were going to try and get away for a weekend the first part of this year. When the opportunity to meet him in Florida after a business trip I jumped at the chance. I had never been to Clearwater Beach, but it is definitely a place I'd like to visit again. 

Getting there proved to be quite the challenge.  We booked my flight on Spirit, and Marc took my luggage down with him when he flew. Unfortunately we were delayed several hours and ended up having to rebook our dinner reservations too.  When you only have 48 hours for vacation, losing a few of them is no fun. 

I finally made it, and we were off to explore Tampa a bit before dinner. The walk along the water was beautiful.


Then we saw this guy.  It took us a minute to realize he was real.



We had dinner at the Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City.  It was started in 1905 and it is the largest Spanish restaurant in the world. We enjoyed the dancing show as well.


The next day was gorgeous, and we spent the whole day at the beach and walking to find some local seafood. We decided to rent a little cabana and chairs, and it was well worth our $40 investment.


Watching the dolphins.

Street corn. No words.

We enjoyed the evening walking the pier, checking out the vendors, and watching some of the entertainment.

We definitely should have reapplied sunscreen...

And we ended the evening with a gorgeous sunset.



Until next time Clearwater Beach.  I look forward to seeing you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment