Thursday, November 3, 2016

Celebrating Nana

On October 29th my sweet Nana went to be with Jesus. We have been so blessed to have her nearby for the last 10 years.  The girls grew up having Nana here, and I'm thankful that she made the decision years ago to move up this way. My babies loved her, and she loved my babies.

We loved to hear her stories.  She grew up in the Great Depression, and that shaped the woman that she was.  She was strong and resourceful.  She loved her family. And she was a bit stubborn as well.  I'm thankful that gene didn't get passed down to me. ;)

This red dress is one that Nana made for me when I was young, and then my girls were able to wear it.  She made many things for my sister and I, and I'm thankful to still have a few of them.

She made the best chicken and dumplings.  She used canned biscuits, and I have always used frozen ones.  Kayla was amazed when she learned this, so I promised her we'd make some Nana dumplings soon. 

She could catch flies with her bare hands. I bet her kids had to watch out when they were in trouble. I bet she was fast! 



One other thing we like to joke about in our family is toilet paper.  My mom ALWAYS had a large stash of toiled paper in the house.  It wasn't until recent years that she found out both her brother and sister also keep large stashes at their homes.  It turns out they all have vivid memories of running out growing up and having to resort to using catalog pages in the restroom.  That would make anyone keep a large supply at home!



Nana will be missed here, but we are all so grateful that we will have eternity to spend with her.  When we told the girls that Nana was with Jesus, Brooke immediately smiled and said, "now she can walk again!" Yes, she can.  She is walking around with Papa and her oldest son Bobby.  She is having an amazing life right now, and she is just waiting on the rest of us to join them. Oh, how thankful I am for Christ and that I have heaven to look forward to. The trials and sorrows of this world will be no more. Nana, we love you, and we will see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment