The Tuesday of our trip was our anniversary. 14 years celebrated in Mexico with our children. That wasn't part of plan when we looking at places to go on vacation, but the way the sky miles worked out put us in Cancun on June 2nd. I wouldn't change a thing. We had such a great, relaxing vacation with the girls.
Marc and the girls had a surprise for me for the evening. They were very good about keeping the secret, and they were super excited too.
We went on a pirate ship dinner cruise! I'll admit I was a little concerned about three little GIRLS enjoying this with no nightmares, but Marc assured me it was a kid-friendly adventure. We made sure to get to the dock early. The pirates were roaming around talking to the guests. They were in full on pirate mode, but I really think that seeing and talking to the pirates in advance helped calm any fears that might have arisen. In fact, at the end of the night Kayla said it wasn't scary because she was so used to the pirates that the show was just fun. Anyway, in our waiting we met Pirate Johnny. He was the ship's drunk. Figures. But he came and spoke with our girls several times and remembered their names all night. He had all three of them saying "argh" like a real pirate too. At one point Marc asked him where a good spot to sit would be. He said that he would show us once we got on board. Not only did he show us, he actually had them save the front row for us!
Since we were now buddies with Pirate Johnny, who happened to be one of the main characters, Marc was hand picked to come up on stage for a little performance.
Part of this performance was to gargle while singing La Cucaracha. The catch was that they were gargling rum. Marc was able to tell one pirate that he doesn't drink alcohol so they were able to get him some water instead. The new catch, they told him very clearly NOT to drink the water and to spit it out when he was finished. I'm not sure which option would have been worse! ha!
The pre-dinner entertainment had me looking over at Marc wondering what in the world he had gotten us into. Thankfully it all went over their heads. Dinner was yummy, steak and lobster for the grownups and hotdogs or nuggets for the little ones, and then it was back on deck for the pirate show. The girls loved this so much and I'm so glad that we were able to do this as a family. I would never have planned it, but I'm so grateful that Marc did. The girls had a blast. We ended the night with a dance party and balloons.
Johnny came back over and made swords out of the balloons for the girls. I'm thinking he may have young girls at home himself.
Once again I'll try to add a few more pictures of the show from Marc's phone when he gets it back. What a fun and different way to celebrate 14 years with my hubby!








No comments:
Post a Comment