Monday, January 5, 2015

Five Years Old!

I can't believe I am sitting down once again to write a birthday post. My baby will be 5 in a few hours. She's so excited she can't fall asleep and I may cry myself to sleep tonight. Not really, but it's still a difficult pill to swallow.  There is such a big difference to me between a 4-year-old and a 5-year- old. While I'm sad to be leaving the 4's behind, I'm excited to see what this year holds. 


You are such a morning girl who is ready to get started on your day as soon as your eyes pop open. You love making plans for the day and creating new adventures.


A few of your favorite things:
Food: Deli meat, yogurt, fruit, cheese, pasta
Things to do: barbies, puzzles, dolls, tea parties, swinging
TV show: Sophia the First, Paw Patrol, Doc McStuffins
Movies: Frozen, Frozen, and Frozen


You started preschool this year.  Your sisters didn't go to school until kindergarten, but when God called Mommy back into teaching I placed you in their preschool.  You have loved every minute of school and are learning so much. I'm proud of you and excited to see what kindergarten holds for you later this year. I'm not going to rush it, though!

You are a shy and quiet little girl until someone gets to know you. Then they see how much you like to talk. :) You have an impeccable memory and often surprise us with the things you remember, some of which your daddy and I were hoping you would forget.


Brooke, you entered the world just early enough to catch us off guard, and delivering you was a challenge in itself, but we have loved having you as part of our family. You are a spunky little girl who knows what she wants, how she wants it, and when she wants it. You are walking the fine line between needing help and wanting to do things by yourself. You love playing with your sisters and your friends at school and church. You are silly and love to make people laugh. I'm so grateful that God chose to place you in our family. Happy birthday sweet Brooke.

Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment