It's been quite a while since I have posted. I'm not even sure I'm going to dig around and find any pictures to put on here today. I won't abandon the blog. It's for my children. And even though this season of life is crazy busy and posts are scarce, I do this for my kids. They love looking back through the blog or the books I've printed, and honestly so do I. So with all that said I wanted to give a little update on our crazy busy life.
I'm back to teaching at the girls school. Since it is only language arts and history I teach for 5 hours a week and yet I put it so. many. more. in preparation. It's almost ridiculous how much times goes into preparing for a 5 hour a week job. I'm really hoping that next year will be at least half of the prep time, because if there is no light at the end of this tunnel I don't know what I will do. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving teaching and even the work outside of the classroom too. I love being at my kids' amazing school, and Brooke is having a great time in preschool. I'm exactly where the Lord wants me (and I hope He keeps me there long enough to get long-term use out of all of this work I'm doing this year - ha!).
With so much of my time being taken and obviously still homeschooling 3 days a week, carting kids to dance, gymnastics, or church events, life on the home front is less than ideal. There is still cleaning, laundry, preparing dinner, errands.... The list just goes on and on. If it weren't for my amazing husband the house would be falling apart. He does 75% of the laundry these day - washing, drying, folding and, hanging. I have great intentions, but I usually forget to swap loads over during the day so I accomplish little. Last night he was assembling and painting 3 cardboard chariots for Greek Olympic Day. Three out of the four passed off to me didn't survive. He is the other half of my brain these days. Or possibly 2/3. He is also working on framing the basement in his "spare time." He has done every bit of the framing by himself with only a couple hours of work left tying up some loose ends. He is picking up so much slack and I am so grateful. And for the cherry on top he is driving to meet me after working late today to get the kids so I can go out with some ladies for dinner. And when I get home the kids will have been fed, bathed, and put in bed. Spoiled I am.
I am so incredibly blessed by this man, and I don't know where I'd be this school year without him. He is so very loved and appreciated by his family!
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment