Friday, December 21, 2012

Disney Wrap Up

After our day at the Magic Kingdom we headed back to the resort for dinner.  We surprised the kids and took the dinner out to the pool area to eat.  After dinner we let them splash around in the water.  They had been begging to go swimming all week, but I didn't pack swimsuits.  I didn't know the pool was heated. Oh well, they had a great time splashing around.

And then Brooke toppled over.  She loves the bath.  She loves the pool.  But she does NOT love being wet in her regular clothes.  When she fell she was not happy. 

She came over to where I was sitting with my mom and went into the sob story about being wet. It was the most pitiful thing but it was sooooo funny.  Mom and I tried so hard not to straight up laugh at her. So we took the wet shirt off and zipped her fleece jacket on her. She wanted nothing to do with the pool after that.  She just wanted to go back to the room and get her pajamas on. 


Disney Food

I think I mentioned in a previous post that we received a free dining plan when we booked our vacation.  This includes a quick service meal (walk up, place an order, and walk away with a tray of food), a table service meal (buffet or order off a menu), and a snack every day that you are there. Oh my goodness at the amount of food that includes.  We took advantage of the table service meals that can be used for character dining.  That is the only reason we ate with the characters so much.  For our group of 6 it would have cost $100-150 for each of those meals.  Unreal! I think we even left our vacation with some snacks vouchers still left on our cards.  Also, every quick service and table service meal comes with a dessert.  Now don't get me wrong, I love some desserts, but two times a day every day is a bit much.  And they were not small little things.  Some were HUGE.

At the Rainforest Cafe we opted for the volcano dessert for the group rather than 5 individual ones. Now that was some good stuff.



And I had to add in a few pictures of our resort and Nemo suite.  We really enjoyed the Art of Animation resort.  It's brand new and while we didn't get to explore too much, we were quite impressed.




A pull down bed was hidden behind that cabinet and the girls thought that was the coolest thing.

I didn't take any pictures of the resort until the morning we were headed home.  The sun was bright in the sky, so I couldn't really get any good ones of the Nemo section.  We did explore the Lion King section a little before we left.





And to use up our last meal we headed to the Grand Floridian to dine with Mary Poppins and Alice.





We all had such a wonderful vacation. I don't know when we will be going again, but I am thankful for the memories we made.  The girls were at such a great age to enjoy everything, and it's an added bonus that Brooke was completely free since she was still 2 years old. And until next time (if and whenever that might be) we have a ton of pictures to look back on and reminisce.

No comments:

Post a Comment