Sweet Macy, I can't believe you are five years old. I know I say the same thing every year and for all of you girls, but it is so true. Five years ago we were welcoming you into our family and there hasn't been a dull moment since!
Your daddy and I have enjoyed watching you grow and learn. You are such a sweet and caring little girl. Sometimes your feelings get hurt and we have to watch you because you will just get really quiet. In those moments you just want someone to hold you and love on you. You are definitely our cuddle bug, and I love that.
You are also a very crazy girl. You like to spend good parts of your day in what we call "Macy's world." Your mind gets going and sometimes you have no idea what's going on in reality. You play independently better than either of your sisters, but you prefer to play with Kayla. Y'all come up with elaborate plans and usually spend most of your playtime planning instead of actually playing.
You love to try and make us laugh. You like to tell knock-knock jokes (even if they don't make much sense), make silly faces, and just have a happy spirit about you.
This has been quite a year of transitions for you as we sold our house, moved into a rental, worked through building a new home, and are now preparing to move. You have handled it all with such ease and I am so grateful. You are a go with the flow girl and that has been such a blessing these last few months.
I can't believe you will be in kindergarten in a couple of months. Over
the past school year I have tried to work with you on your reading, but
you wanted NOTHING to do with that. I couldn't believe I had a 4 year
old who didn't recognize most of her letters and knew none of the
sounds. As the year has gone on you have truly blossomed. You can
recognize your upper and lower case letters, know all of your sounds,
can write your upper case letters, and you can sound out basic words.
You went from the little girl who would ask to do schoolwork, but "no
letters" to a child who is beginning reading. I am so proud of you and
know that kindergarten will be a great adventure for you.
Macy,
I am so proud of you and the little girl that you have become. You are independent, yet so loving and kind. I pray that this year will be such a fantastic year for you and that this will be the year of your salvation. I love you and pray for you. You are my special little Macy. Happy Birthday sweet girl.
Love,
Mommy









No comments:
Post a Comment