A couple of weeks ago Marc and I took a trip to New York City. There are 13,000 electrical engineers in his company and he was one of 12 selected as Engineer of the Year. This is the first time they have ever given out this award. I am SOOO proud of him. He deserves it for how hard he works, how many problems he solves, and for how much gets dumped on him. He won't complain (ok, maybe just a little to me, but it's completely justified and I'm always amazed at how he handles everything). So, his company paid for both of us to head to NYC for a couple of nights. We had a lovely Italian dinner with the other award winners and spouses as well as the members of the engineering council, Marc sat in on an Engineering Council meeting, and then we had the awards luncheon. Other than that the rest of the time was completely ours.
Marc receiving his award from the CEO. And supposedly there is a stock award as well, but we have yet to hear details about that. :)
We had been to NYC before the kids were born, and so we had already done most of the touristy stuff. This time we just enjoyed walking around.
Chrysler Building
Central Park
We did head up to the Top of the Rock. A little chilly, but it was a pretty clear day.
After all that walking we decided a trip to Serendipity was in order. We had never been, and even though we knew the desserts would be huge, we weren't quite prepared for these. It's too bad we always want something different, so we had to order two desserts. So good, though!
In case you were wondering your share of the national debt. This was a couple of weeks ago, so add on a little more.
I have been wanting to see Wicked for quite a while. We didn't see it when it came to Atlanta, so I was so excited when Marc bought us tickets. It was a FANTASTIC show and I would see it again in a heartbeat.
Times Square
We had such a wonderful trip, and we are so thankful that our parents kept the girls for us. I am so proud of my hubby and I enjoyed celebrating with him.

















Congratulations, Marc! I am so glad you guys enjoyed your trip - very much deserved!
ReplyDelete