Monday, August 8, 2011

Lake Lanier

Marc's company picnic this year was at Lake Lanier.  We were given free admission and a cookout.  We started out the morning at the kids play area.  The girls had so much fun!





After lunch we ventured over to the wave pool.  The girls put on life jackets and we stayed for a while enjoying the waves. They were pretty freaked out about them at first, but we went deep enough out that we rode out the swells rather than the crashing waves.  They really like that.

Brooke enjoyed herself too.

Marc, Kayla, and Macy ventured down to the lake.  I don't do lakes.  Bleh. I want to see what is in the water.  If I can't see I don't go. Brooke walked about 5 feet into the sand and got upset.  She did not like the sand on her feet and just stood there saying "dirty, dirty" while trying to brush it off.   I reluctantly agreed to stay with her at the pool. ;)

 My girls eat a lot of goldfish.  Remember the little goldfish jingle that goes, "I love fishes 'cause they're so delicious"? We occasionally break out into song in our house, so Macy knows these couple of lines.  Well there were fish in the lake.  See where this is going? She would sing out, "I love fishes 'cause they're so delicious" and then dive into the water.  From what Marc said she got some very strange looks. ha!

We headed out right as a dark cloud was moving in.  The girls had a fabulous time and we enjoyed doing something a little bit different this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment