Mondays are crazy. Monday mornings are always tough getting back into the swing of things, but Monday evenings are crazy. The last few weeks I've had to gather some supplies for my Timothy classes and drop it off Cherie's house. I thank God for sweet Cherie. We've taught together for 3 years now and I have found a sweet friend in her. We work so well together and she is so flexible and understanding as I get myself together this semester. Even today, after last minute class material issues, I had to call in a substitute because Macy is sick. I ran to the church to drop off everything the sub would need to teach and Cherie just flows with it and is so willing to help out. What a blessing she is. Anyway, back to my crazy Monday. After dropping some things over at her house yesterday afternoon we headed straight to Kayla's dance class. Once her class is over we have 20 minutes to make it to soccer practice. I'm not sure we'll ever make it on time, especially since I seem to catch every single redlight. So when Kayla gets out of class I already have the other girls loaded up in the car. Kayla changes clothes quickly, buckles up, puts her shin guards and socks on, and then eats a quick snack since she won't be getting dinner until 7:00. Yesterday she was wearing an orange shirt and jeans. I let her wear her orange shirt to practice but I failed to remember what color her soccer socks are. Pink. Now I know the pink/orange combination can work if done right. This was not done right. At least Marc always knew where she was. No way to hide from Coach!
So do you think i learned my lesson after this? Nope. Today we were rushing out of the house to get Kayla to her Timothy class and get my materials to my sub. She has a red uniform shirt and I let her wear her pink shoes. Bright pink shoes. I did have that split moment of knowing I should tell her to change, but I had no time. I had a sick child. Oh well, I can always try again tomorrow. If you see her at church tomorrow night please don't laugh at her if she is clashing again. She doesn't know any better. I'm trying, really I am.

No comments:
Post a Comment