Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Busy Time

Well, I have no pictures to post. There hasn't been too much going on with the girls. Things have been pretty busy with our construction project. We're adding a closet to our bonus room. It's more like another room, though. We had a good size crawl space above our garage and we are finishing most of it off into a closet. We had a contractor come out to do framing and drywall. Marc did all of the mudding/sanding (boy was that a harder job than he thought), installed lights, and painted. The carpet guy should be here any minute to match carpeting since ours has been discontinued. Hopefully he will install later this week and then all that is left is trim and painting the doors. It's been a few weeks, and I will be glad when it's over and I can uncover everything in the bonus room and give it a good cleaning. I'll also be thrilled to get some of our stuff that was in the crawl space into the back of the closet where there isn't so much dust and yuck. We will eventually move the girls into that room together. Kayla is SO excited that it will be hard to explain to her that she can't move in right now. We're doing this as part of their birthday presents (April and May). Now I have to figure out how I want to decorate. Kayla's tastes (pink and purple walls with polka dots) is a little different from mine. While the dots might be cute I am NOT about to try and paint them.

1 comment:

  1. They make all kinds of wall sticker things. I'm sure someone makes dots. You put them on and then when you are tired of them, you peel them off!

    ReplyDelete