Saturday, November 29, 2008

Las Vegas

Marc and I went to Vegas for a few days to celebrate his 30th birthday. It was very much what I expected and very much what I didn't expect. The city definitely has it's reputation, but we enjoyed the nicer side of things. We spent a lot of time walking in the hotels/casinos (and didn't gamble a dime). Below is the Bellagio and fountains. We were amazed at how high the water shot up.
This is a view of the strip.
We passed over the Grand Canyon on our flight out there. We were on the right side of the plane to see it and it was amazing from the sky. I can only imagine how huge it looks from land. God has given us some wonderful, amazing things in this world.

These next 2 pictures are from our favorite hotel, the Wynn. It's one of the newest hotels and it cost the most to build (2.7 billion - I can't even get a grasp on that amount of money). Most of the hotels were themes, but this one was just elegant.

We drove out to Red Rock Canyon.
We spent some time at Hoover Dam and Lake Mead. The story behind the creation of this dam is incredible. The size of it is just incredible. Lake Mead is a gorgeous blue color. We only saw a small section of the lake and it was huge!


1 comment:

  1. I went out to Vegas for work and had a very similar experience! The hotels, architecture, hoover dam, all so amazing! flying over the grand canyon... amazing God's creation! Happy 30th to Marc! I have to admit my downfall, I did gamble ONE NICKEL!

    ReplyDelete