Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sign Language

Macy is finally signing. We've been working with her for several months. She definitely understands some words, but now she can communicate with us. So far it is just "more" that she knows, but it's a huge step in understanding that she can tell us what she wants. I only have pictures to post right now. The sign for more if bringing the tips of all 5 fingers together, but she just claps her hands together. I remember with Kayla, once she picked up a few words she just kept going. She knew that she could tell us what she wanted to do. We only ended up using about 20 signs with Kayla before she started to talk more. She is great about helping us teach Macy the signs. So far we are working on more, eat, and bath. Oh, and she is finally drinking out of a sippy cup. I thought that would never happen. She'd even start crying if she saw me getting it for her. Now if I can just get her to hold it herself...



No comments:

Post a Comment